Individualized / Gender Specific Counseling for Youth and Their Families
HEALING FROM THE HEART is a Colorado based, nonprofit organization that provides mental health services to youth and their families who seek help in healing from traumatic incidents, victimization, violence and other adverse life experiences. We have assisted, and continue to assist, children and their families from Adams, Arapahoe, Denver and Jefferson Counties, and we are dedicated to providing treatment plans that focus on youth needs and difficulties. All programs are gender-specific, have been developed, and are facilitated with, regards to relational, developmental and cultural concerns.
Who are the Youth We Serve?
We serve children and adolescents who grew up within homes of domestic violence, alcohol and drug use, sexual abuse, and other adverse conditions. We also serve children who live through traumatic events, and children who endure conditions of neglect and abuse. Often these special individuals live in a continual state of inertia, depression, anger, anxiety, and hopelessness until they learn ways to heal, cope, overcome, and eventually making different, healthier choices. These young adults, who are at traumatized today, can become the leaders of tomorrow.
What we do...
- Help identify choices by developing strengths and skills to choose healthier behaviors and lifestyles
- Relate to youth as people, not just as the lives they have been assigned
- Hold clients accountable for their actions without shame
- Help youth clarify their values
- Create a safe place to facilitate youth in forming their identities - who they are, who they are becoming
- Maintain a culturally sensitive environment for clients
Old Patterns, New Choices
Clients who have completed HEALING FROM THE HEART programs report feeling less angry, more in touch with their emotions, increased confidence, better family communication, and a reduction of disruptive incidents at home, school and within their community.
"It really helps to have a place where you can come and talk about your problems."
- A Healing From the Heart Client