Individualized / Gender Specific Counseling for Youth and Their Families
HEALING FROM THE HEART is Colorado based nonprofit organization that provides mental health series to youth and tighter families who seek help in healing from traumatic incidents, victimization, violence and other adverse life experiences. we help children in Adam, Arapahoe, Denver and Jefferson Counties. We are dedicated to providing treatment plans that focus on youth needs and difficulties. All programs are gender-specific, have developed and are facilitated with regards to relational, developmental and cultural concerns.
Who are the Youth We Serve?
Children and adolescents who grew up in home with domestic violence, alcohol and drug use, who live through traumatic events, and who endure conditions of neglect and abuse. They often live in continual states of inertia, depression, anger and hopelessness...until they learn different choices. They may be young people you know who are at traumatized today, but can become the leaders of tomorrow.
What we do...
- Help identify choices by developing strengths and skills to choose healthier behaviors and lifestyles
- Relate to youth as people, not just as the lives they have been assigned
- Hold clients accountable for their actions without shame
- Help youth clarify their values
- Create a safe place to facilitate youth in forming their identities - who they are, who they are becoming
- Maintain a culturally sensitive environment for clients
Old Patterns, New Choices
Clients who have completed HEALING FROM THE HEART programs report feeling less angry, more in touch with their emotions, increased confidence, better family communication, and a reduction of disruptive incidents at home, school and their community.
"It really helps to have a place where you can come and talk about your problems."
- A Healing From the Heart Client